Impact of Work on Emotional Well-being : Results of a Survey of NHS Employees from a Minority Ethnic background
- Employee burnout
How to Cite
Gupta, R. (2023). Impact of Work on Emotional Well-being : Results of a Survey of NHS Employees from a Minority Ethnic background. Sushruta Journal of Health Policy & Opinion, 15(3), 1–7. https://doi.org/10.38192/15.3.3
Copyright (c) 2023 Rajeev Gupta
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Simons, G. & Baldwin, D. S. A critical review of the definition of ‘wellbeing’ for doctors and their patients in a post Covid-19 era. Int. J. Soc. Psychiatry 67, 984–991 (2021).
- Purba, A. & Demou, E. The relationship between organisational stressors and mental wellbeing within police officers: a systematic review. BMC Public Health 19, 1286 (2019).
- Gu, B., Tan, Q. & Zhao, S. The association between occupational stress and psychosomatic wellbeing among Chinese nurses. Medicine (Baltimore) 98, e15836 (2019).
- Peiró, J. M., Kozusznik, M. W., Rodríguez-Molina, I. & Tordera, N. The Happy-Productive Worker Model and Beyond: Patterns of Wellbeing and Performance at Work. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public. Health 16, 479 (2019).
- Chetty, L. An evaluation of the health and wellbeing needs of employees: An organizational case study. J. Occup. Health 59, 88–90 (2017).
- Wong, K. P., Lee, F. C. H., Teh, P.-L. & Chan, A. H. S. The Interplay of Socioecological Determinants of Work–Life Balance, Subjective Wellbeing and Employee Wellbeing. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public. Health 18, 4525 (2021).
- Jarden, R. J., Siegert, R. J., Koziol-McLain, J., Bujalka, H. & Sandham, M. H. Wellbeing measures for workers: a systematic review and methodological quality appraisal. Front. Public Health 11, 1053179 (2023).
- HSE Management Standards Indicator Tool: concurrent and construct validity | Occupational Medicine | Oxford Academic. https://academic.oup.com/occmed/article/64/5/365/1437284.
- NHS Staff Surveys - NHS Staff Survey Results. https://www.nhsstaffsurveys.com/Page/1085/Latest-Results/NHS-Staff-Survey-Results/.
- Alarcon, G. M. A meta-analysis of burnout with job demands, resources, and attitudes. J. Vocat. Behav. 79, 549–562 (2011).
- Bakker, A. B. & Demerouti, E. The Job Demands‐Resources model: state of the art. J. Manag. Psychol. 22, 309–328 (2007).
- Bandura, A. Self-efficacy mechanism in human agency. Am. Psychol. 37, 122–147 (1982).
- Karasek, R. A. Job Demands, Job Decision Latitude, and Mental Strain: Implications for Job Redesign. Adm. Sci. Q. 24, 285–308 (1979).
- NHS England » Evaluation of the NHS Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES). https://www.england.nhs.uk/publication/evaluation-of-the-nhs-workforce-race-equality-standard-wres/.
- Mickan, S. & Rodger, S. Characteristics of effective teams: a literature review. Aust. Health Rev. Publ. Aust. Hosp. Assoc. 23, 201–208 (2000).
- The measurement of experienced burnout - Maslach - 1981 - Journal of Organizational Behavior - Wiley Online Library. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/job.4030020205.
- Hackman, J. R. & Oldham, G. R. Motivation through the design of work: test of a theory. Organ. Behav. Hum. Perform. 16, 250–279 (1976).
- Ripp, J. et al. The incidence and predictors of job burnout in first-year internal medicine residents: a five-institution study. Acad. Med. J. Assoc. Am. Med. Coll. 86, 1304–1310 (2011).
- Leiter, M. & Maslach, C. Areas of Worklife: A Structured Approach to Organizational Predictors of Job Burnout. in Research in Occupational Stress and Well-being vol. 3 91–134 (2004).
- Getting What’s New from Newcomers: Empowering Leadership, Creativity, and Adjustment in the Socialization Context - Harris - 2014 - Personnel Psychology - Wiley Online Library. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/peps.12053.
- Kraimer, M. L., Seibert, S. E. & Liden, R. C. Psychological empowerment as a multidimensional construct: A test of construct validity. Educ. Psychol. Meas. 59, 127–142 (1999).
- Thomas, C. & Lankau, M. Preventing Burnout: The effects of LMX and mentoring on socialization, role stress, and burnout. Hum. Resour. Manage. 48, 417–432 (2009).
- Harter, J. K., Schmidt, F. L. & Hayes, T. L. Business-unit-level relationship between employee satisfaction, employee engagement, and business outcomes: A meta-analysis. J. Appl. Psychol. 87, 268–279 (2002).
- Wright, T. & Cropanzano, R. The Role of Psychological Well-Being in Job Performance: A Fresh Look at an Age-Old Quest. Organ. Dyn. 33, 338–351 (2004).