Global Workforce Solutions for Supporting the UK NHS: BAPIO Training Academy
- Healthcare workforce,
- International Medical Graduates
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2023 Roshelle Ramkisson FRCPsych, Deepali Sharma, Samir Shah, Prof. Parag Singhal MBE
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
BTA programs have supported significant cost savings for organisations in reducing agency locum spending which then can be spent on patient care or further workforce development. Gains to the organisations include highly skilled medical staff who can meet the needs of various communities and current and future healthcare needs. These doctors with either postgraduate qualifications or through the in-house 2-year training program (2+2) enter relevant clinical specialities providing high-quality patient care.
- Iacobucci, G. NHS hospitals remain under severe pressure with 19 in 20 beds occupied. BMJ 380, p158 (2023).
- Statistics » A&E Attendances and Emergency Admissions. https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/statistical-work-areas/ae-waiting-times-and-activity/.
- Baker, C. NHS staff from overseas: statistics. (2023).
- Overworked doctors must be allowed to rest and recover so we can keep patients safe, BMA warns - BMA media centre - BMA. The British Medical Association is the trade union and professional body for doctors in the UK. https://www.bma.org.uk/bma-media-centre/overworked-doctors-must-be-allowed-to-rest-and-recover-so-we-can-keep-patients-safe-bma-warns.
- The state of medical education and practice in the UK: The workforce report 2022.