How to Cite
How does an organisation educate and train healthcare staff during such critical times? What may be negative impact of such lost opportunities? How do organisations take charge of educating the public they serve for high impact actions during such periods? This article explores the evidence from previous pandemics and draws on what methods might be suitable for organisations to adopt.
- Global, regional, and national life expectancy, all-cause mortality, and cause-specific mortality for 249 causes of death, 1980–2015: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2015. Lancet Lond Engl. 2016 Oct 8;388(10053):1459–544.
- COVID-19 [Internet]. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. [cited 2020 Mar 6]. Available from: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china
- Mode of Communication of Cholera(John Snow, 1855) [Internet]. [cited 2020 Mar 6]. Available from: https://www.ph.ucla.edu/epi/snow/snowbook.html
- Public Health England [Internet]. GOV.UK. [cited 2020 Mar 21]. Available from: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
- Coronavirus declared global health emergency. BBC News [Internet]. 2020 Jan 31 [cited 2020 Mar 21]; Available from: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51318246
- World Bank warns of ‘learning crisis’ in global education [Internet]. World Bank. [cited 2020 Mar 6]. Available from: https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2017/09/26/world-bank-warns-of-learning-crisis-in-global-education
- OSLO SUMMIT ON EDUCATION FOR DEVELOPMENT [Internet]. Global Observatory for Inclusion. 2015 [cited 2020 Mar 21]. Available from: http://www.globi-observatory.org/oslo-summit-on-education-for-development/
- Education Cannot Wait: a fund for education in emergencies [Internet]. ODI. [cited 2020 Mar 21]. Available from: https://www.odi.org/publications/10405-education-cannot-wait-fund-education-emergencies
- https://plus.google.com/+UNESCO. UNESCO launches Futures of Education global initiative at United Nations General Assembly [Internet]. UNESCO. 2019 [cited 2020 Mar 21]. Available from: https://en.unesco.org/news/unesco-launches-futures-education-global-initiative-united-nations-general-assembly
- How we quality assure [Internet]. [cited 2020 Mar 21]. Available from: https://www.gmc-uk.org/education/how-we-quality-assure
- Medical training quality assurance review [Internet]. [cited 2020 Mar 21]. Available from: https://www.gmc-uk.org/about/what-we-do-and-why/data-and-research/research-and-insight-archive/medical-training-quality-assurance-review
- HEE supporting returners to work in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic [Internet]. Health Education England. 2020 [cited 2020 Mar 21]. Available from: https://www.hee.nhs.uk/news-blogs-events/news/hee-supporting-returners-work-fight-against-covid-19-pandemic
- Cook T. I’m an ICU doctor. The NHS isn’t ready for the coronavirus crisis | Tim Cook. The Guardian [Internet]. 2020 Mar 3 [cited 2020 Mar 21]; Available from: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/03/icu-doctor-nhs-coronavirus-pandemic-hospitals
- Dankbaar MEW, de Jong PGM. Technology for learning: how it has changed education. Perspect Med Educ. 2014 Sep;3(4):257–9.
- Innovations In Virtual Classrooms: Rethinking Training And Learning Delivery [Internet]. eLearning Industry. 2017 [cited 2020 Mar 21]. Available from: https://elearningindustry.com/innovations-in-virtual-classrooms-rethinking-training-learning-delivery
- Maryl EZTE. Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams for Education: Find the Blended Learning Tool that Works Best [Internet]. Technology Solutions That Drive Education. [cited 2020 Mar 21]. Available from: https://edtechmagazine.com/k12/article/2019/02/google-classroom-and-microsoft-teams-education-find-blended-learning-tool-works-best-perfcon